I compiled a list of links with resources I found useful in my upcycling projects. I hope these will be helpful to you as well. I will keep updating the list as I find more great sites.
- Chalk Painting Instructions from Lowes
- How To Make a Plumbers Pipe Bench from diohomeimprovements.com
- How to Make a Plumbers Pipe Coffee Table from Lowes
- Flower Arrangement Tutorial from save-on-crafts.com
- Sewing a Bench Cushion with Piping – I am a fairly good seamstress and didn’t need a tutorial myself, but this one seems to be very detailed
Sources for Upcycling Materials
- Habitat for Humanity – furniture, blinds, etc.
- Goodwill – furniture, picture frames, brick-a-brack
- Craig’s List – I found many treasures on Craigslist: Empire style sofas, Victorian sideboard, my gorgeous antique dining table, and many other things
- The Leather Guy – This online store sells scrap upholstery leather by weight. By now, I ordered a total of 40 pounds of leather scraps from them and was pleased with the size and quality. Decent size pieces, some really large.
Favorite Supply Stores
- DYI Upholstery Supplies
- Fabric-store.com – focuses on linen fabric, great selection of linen, linen remnants sales